ISAIAH 41:10

Do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be afraid, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you; I will help you;
I will hold on to you
with My righteous right hand.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

He's here!!!!!!!

6 pounds 8 ounces! Garrett came into this world last night at 6:28. It was a a whirl wind last night. At 5:15 or so Lori was being monitored and contractions were about 4 minutes apart. Dr. C ordered an emergency C-Section. I send a text to my brother Aaron at 6:16. I was in the OR around 6:20. I can't explain the pure joy that Lori and I had when we heard him cry. It was unbelieveable. At times I feel kind of bad that I didn't have these emotions with Avery, but there was nothing complicated about Avery's pregnancy. This one was tough. That is a complete and total understatement.

Enough sappy stuff. Garrett has good reflexs. He has flexion at the knees and ankles. His feet are tickelish. He has what's called an anal wink reflex, which is amazing. This reflex shows that the nerves should be intact down to S3 or S4. He is an amazingly strong boy! All these are miraculus movements. All thanks to God and everyone's thoughts and prayers. Please, Please, Please continue to pray for Garrett. He will have surgery later today or first thing tomorrow. The surgery does have some risks, since they will be moving his spinal cord and closing up the opening. God is listening and has blessed us with a very Strong Boy. We have one of the best neurosurgeons at Texas Children's working on him. Mom is in great shape and we are about to go see him now. I'll let you know how today goes. As always thank you so much for keeping Garrett in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Lori and Adam!!! I am so glad that Garrett is doing well. We will continue to pray, knowing that God will listen and His perfect will will be done.

    ReplyDelete