ISAIAH 41:10

Do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be afraid, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you; I will help you;
I will hold on to you
with My righteous right hand.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Garrett's 3rd Day

What a wonderful day today was. Garrett looked like a completely different baby. He looked as relieved as his mom and me. It was a great day. We had our favorite nurse for the 3rd day in a row. She helped (made) Lori feed Garrett. Poor baby this is a description of how his first ever feeding went... Lori held his head, and our nurse held his stomach and legs. Imagine the scene from Mission Impossible when Tom Cruise was suspended in the air above the "Lasers". That's kind of how Garrett looked, only he was eating from a bottle. He looks great and he was very active again today. Most importantly his back is healing great and his head still looks the same. Please continue to pray for Garrett's head to develop properly so we don't have to have any more surgeries.

Okay, I promised Emily that I would write some funny stories. I'll start with one about my brother Aaron. Aaron and I are what I would call rule followers, we don't speed on the highway, we are always honest, and we never cheat at anything, except maybe in sports, but that's not cheating if an official never calls a penalty or foul. Anyway, in hospitals there are "Staff Elevators". We were told we could use these elevators because it is the quickest way from Lori's room to Garrett's room. We take Aaron on these "Staff Elevators", and he starts freaking out. He has this panic look on his face and he's like. What if we get caught what's going to happen? How much trouble will we get in? So we are in the "Staff Elevator", and of course it's going to stop. We are coming from the 25th floor and going to the 4th floor. 21 floors, probably going to stop. It stops at like 21 and a Dr. gets in. Aaron looked like he was about to go to jail. He was so scared we were going to get in trouble. Then a man tried to get in with a bed at another floor. He was freaking out so much that on our way back from seeing Garrett we took the long way.

Next funny story. Today I got to go the milk bank by myself. Those of you unfamiliar with a milk bank, let me describe it for you. A milk bank is a proper name for storing milk. You take your milk into the bank and store it until your baby needs it. The nurse can get it or you can. Typically women only go in there, because the other activity in the milk bank is women pumping milk in rooms to store in the bank. Anyway as a man, this made me pretty uncomfortable. So I take the milk down there, and some equipment down to sterilize. I walk in and stop, because I'm extremely uncomfortable going in there and I can imagine that the women in there probably think that I'm like George McFly from Back to the Future, you know a Peeping Tom, only there's not going to be a car to hit me. So I'm standing at the front desk for like 5 minutes and nobody is there great. What am I going to do? I'm looking around in a panic mode, because if I walk back to the room with the milk Lori won't be too happy. Fortunately, I find a business card and I called the number. Good thinking Adam! Phones rang all over the milk bank and I got the phone to my ear. A lady comes out and says Sir can I help you. I of course say something like "Wife milk baby tit bank?" She says Sir do you want to store your wife's milk here again, What yes milk you put here later. So she takes the milk, then shows me where to sterilize the equipment. You have to put it in a microwave in there for 3 minutes. As I'm standing there like 4 women walk out from pumping. No problem for me. I'm sure I just had the horrifying uncomfortable look on my face. As I watched the microwave countdown from 3:00 to O. Pretty long 3 minutes as I left it was total tunnel vision out to the door. Now that's love for you wife and baby!

Okay, as always thank you so much for praying for Garrett, please keep Praying for our Strong Boy. He is looking Great and God is listening.

1 comment:

  1. Such good news to read on a Monday morning. I asked people at our church to pray for Garrett yesterday-gave them the good news that you have had so far. We will continue to pray for all of you, too, and hope that Garrett will not need any other surgeries. Tell Aaron I would be just like him-Gary always gets annoyed with my worries over doing something wrong.

    ReplyDelete