ISAIAH 41:10

Do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be afraid, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you; I will help you;
I will hold on to you
with My righteous right hand.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Spina Bifida Awareness Month


October is Spina Bifida Awareness month, and in honor of my son, Garrett two people very dear to our family are running marathons in honor of Garrett.


Kathryn, one of our best friends, is running the Portland Marathon on Sunday, October 10th. If you would like to make a contribution in honor of Garrett please follow this link:




October 10th I will be running the Portland Marathon. I decided to raise awareness and money for the Spina Bifida Association (SBA) in honor of a very special family. My dear friends Lori and Adam had a son born May 2010 with Spina Bifida.


Because of Garrett, I’m inspired to support the vital work of the SBA. If you don’t know what Spina Bifida is, it is the most frequently occurring permanently disabling birth defect. Every day about eight babies born in the United States have Spina Bifida or a similar birth defect of the brain and spine. To learn more visit http://www.spinabifidaassociation.org/


Now I would like you to join the cause. Would you please consider making a flat donation or sponsoring me $1 per mile ($26), $2 per mile ($52), etc. Please complete the attached reply form and send back to me (email or mail) with cash, check or credit card.


1306 W. St. Johns Ave

Austin, TX 78757

Thank you so very much.


Best,

Kathryn


Aaron, my brother, is running the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, D.C. please see his write up. If you would like to make a contribution in honor of Garrett please follow these directions too.


26.2 Miles through
2 Non-States for
1 Very Special Kid

On October 31, I will embark on a 26.2 mile marathon to honor my nephew, Garrett, born with Spina Bifida and to benefit the Spina Bifida Association of America (SBA).

The goals of this event are to:
Honor Garrett

Raise awareness for Spina Bifida

Fund the important work of the Spina Bifida Association (SBA)

I will be running the Marine Corps Marathon (winding through the District of Columbia and the Commonwealth of Virginia).

Please help make this a memorable run and support an organization that will be supporting my family for many years.

Goal: to raise $5,000
Yes Aaron! I want to support the SBA.


Please follow the steps below:

Go to http://www.sbaa.org/
Click on – Contribute to SBA
Next click on – Send a Tribute Gift
The contribution process involves two steps.
In Honor of
First Name: Garrett
Last Name: Douglas
Note: you can send a personalized card with your name and a message if you would like

Underneath, please populate the First Name Field (Aaron), Last Name Field (Douglas) and Email (aaroncdouglas@yahoo.com)
On the next page – please enter information about yourself (name / address/ credit card info)
Click Submit!

Spina Bifida Association4950 MacArthur Boulevard, NW, Suite 250, Washington, DC 20007 (800) 621-3141


As always, thanks for your thoughts and prayers for our son. God is great and has blessed Garrett. He is truly amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment